All square against Granuaile at Ruislip

Fulham Irish 3-12 v Granuaile 3-12
Sunday, July 19 2015, Division 2 League

Sub Donal Casey scored three consecutive points as Fulham Irish drew against Granuaile in their last round of the league campaign at Ruislip.
With a telling wind and Fulham playing with the breeze in the first half it was Granuaile who recorded the first score after four minutes of play.
Granuaile continued their momentum with a further two unanswered points until Kevin McHugh got the first point for Fulham.
With a turn of foot, from a breaking ball, Darragh Ryan zipped past the back line to fire the ball in the back of the next as Fulham started to go through the gears, however it was Graunaile who managed to score the next decisive goal to take a hold of the advantage and added a further goal as the ball bounced in front of Fulham’s goalie, Steve Lee, who was unable to block the shot.
Fulham had a chance on goal with a thundering shot by Luke Slyman which was heading to the top right of the net only for Granuaile goalie to make a wonderful save to deny Slyman.
Both teams did trade points and as the half time whistle went there was nothing to separate them, 1-08 to 2-05.
Fulham Irish Sub, Donal Casey, came on for the start of the second half as Fulham reshaped their formation, but it was again Granuaile who were the most aggressive and hunting in packs to turn the ball over.
Some lapse marking and dubious free calls by the referee, allowed Granuaile to go ahead, but Fulham pegged the score line back with scores from Kevin Davy, Luke Slyman and Donal Casey. Still a point down Fulham Darragh McCarthy sent a ball into the backs of Granuaile with Kevin McHugh catching the ball to pass to a free Brain Keane who smacked it into the net.
Casey, Slyman and Davy were proving too hot to handle for their markers and when Donal broke free to run with the ball it was odds on a goal would be the result but a foul by Granuaile’s defence led to a penalty.
Slyman stepped up to take it and bounced it off the ground, but again the goalie saved. With 55 minutes gone, McCarthy sent a cross field ball into Slyman who skilfully turned his man, ran for the goal and shot with the goalie having no chance of the save this time.
A repeat of this move happened within the space of two minutes, but this time the goalie got the better of Slyman’s shot and pulled off a tremendous save.
With the bit between their teeth and the wind at their aide, Granuaile continued to take their scores and once again they broke the Fulham defence to register their third goal.
There was only eight minutes left to play with Fulham now five points down and looking out, however a point from Kevin Davy rallied the troops as Fulham started the comeback and by far the best passage of play in the entire game as the team finally showed how dangerous they are with some near perfect passing allowing sub Casey to score three consecutive points before the final whistle was blown.
Notable contributions from Pat O’Mahony, Darragh Ryan, Kevin Davy, Luke Slyman and Donal Casey.

Fulham Irish: Steve Lee, John McHugh, Colin Symth, Colm Kennedy, Frank Ryan, Pat O’Mahony, Diarmiud Hayes, Darragh McCarthy, Brian Keane, Eoin McCarthy, Darragh Ryan, Kevin Davy, Luke Slyman, Kevin McHugh, Colm Foley, Don O’Connell, Derry Fitzgerald, Donal Casey, Barry Maroney

Ref: Beano Collins